Deliver Timely Interview Feedback and Don’t Ghost Candidates
One of candidates biggest pet peeves is not knowing their application status. The hard truth is that they would rather be rejected than ghosted. Leaving candidates in the dark can also have a negative impact on both your consumer and employer brands. Candidates who have a bad candidate experience tend to take their business elsewhere.
The beauty of HR technology is that you can automate and personalize these responses so that candidates can feel in-the-know despite the uncertainty of a job application. Advise candidates of the different stages in your recruiting process from the start to set expectations from the get-go. Then make sure that you communicate throughout. Not just if candidates haven’t been successful, but if there are delays or recruiting has been put on hold too.
Candidates are asking for interview feedback so give it to them. If you don’t have the resources to do so for each individual, you could create personalized but automated interview feedback emails. That way candidates are kept in the loop without burdening recruiters.
You could even go one step further! In Australia, L’Oréal brand, Kiehl’s, sends vouchers to candidates rejected after the interview process to say: “We appreciate you taking the time to come and meet us. Thank you.” This type of initiative can not only help protect your employer and consumer brands, but actually boost perceptions and desirability.
Eighty-one percent of candidates say that the main thing that would greatly improve their overall candidate experience is employers continuously communicating status updates to them.
- Record feedback in a consistent way using an interview feedback template or interview feedback form. These can be created within Avature and shared with your TA team.
- Avature workflows and powerful automation capabilities can be combined to keep candidates in the loop at all times. Define the communications you’d like to send out at each stage of the process and trigger emails to go out automatically.
- Save recruiters time and protect your employer brand by creating a library of email templates with pre-approved messaging.
- Make sure that these communications feel personalized. In Avature you can leverage email variables to replace generic information with specific details, such as [PersonFirstName] or [PositionTitle].
- Avature variants allow further personalization, such as localization or delivering content in a candidate’s preferred language. You can also leverage different templates depending on a candidate’s area of interest, major or even workflow step.
Automation doesn’t have to be as impersonal as people assume it will be. Candidates would rather hear something…anything…from you than nothing. The online application process for job hunters is lonely, frustrating and people can feel that they’ve thrown their resume into the abyss. Communication is always appreciated. It’s a morale booster.
Allison Thomas Talent Acquisition Recruiter
Email Marketing for Recruitment
Did you know Email is 40x more powerful at acquiring new clients than both Facebook and Twitter combined? Read our Ebook to discover the 4 main components of a successful email marketing strategy for sourcers and recruiters.
Get to the Future First: The Role of Automation
Many administrative activities that burden people in their day-to-day roles can be automated with current demonstrated technologies, freeing up time for more strategic tasks.
Industry Leaders in Action
Don’t just take our word for it! Discover how some of the world’s leading companies are leveraging Avature to deliver timely interview feedback.
L’Oréal responds to 100 percent of their million applications thanks to Avature automation tools. This has a hugely positive impact on their employer brand as no one feels ghosted.
Metro Bank in the UK achieved a 100 percent response rate to 75,000 applications by using the Avature automation features.
Laitram uses job-specific questionnaires to screen candidates. Unsuccessful candidates are informed via automated, yet personalized, emails thanking them for applying.Find Out More