Create Talent Pools That Support Your Diversity Strategy
Now, more than ever, organizations across the world are seriously starting to think about how to source diverse talent. It might seem like common sense, but it is nonetheless critical: diversity has to start early in the sourcing and recruiting process. Only with rich talent pools that form a strong foundation for your strategy do you stand a chance of achieving your diversity and inclusion goals – in any area of your business. It’s funnel logic.
To ensure there are multiple qualified minority candidates in your final pool, your talent acquisition teams must focus on sourcing more minority candidates early on. Known as the “two in the pool effect”, the Harvard Business Review discovered that if there are at least two minority candidates in the final candidate pool, the chances of hiring diverse talent increases dramatically.
Adopt a multi-channel approach: develop and promote dedicated talent community landing pages and set up email campaigns to enrich and diversify your talent pool. Reinforce your efforts not only through highly engaging visual elements but also by giving a sneak peek of where you stand as an organization in terms of diversity and where you intend to go.
As a next step, work to fill your pipelines with as many diverse candidates as possible. Start focusing on a skills-based, AI-powered approach to cross-match candidates and pipelines based on abilities and requirements, instead of leaning on just your recruiters’ criteria, which could be unconsciously biased
– Build talent pipelines full of diverse candidates:
- Decide on your target groups.
- Create specific landing pages for veterans, women, ethnic minorities or any other audience you would like to attract.
- Create fully personalized themes with the Avature Theme Builder for Landing Pages to attract diverse talent and have them join your talent communities.
- Promote your talent communities on social media natively from your Avature instance.
- Showcase your D&I values, inclusive culture and opportunities.
- Set up automated email campaigns that go straight into the inboxes of diverse talent and engage them with your efforts, including relevant employee stories and internal initiatives.
– Select diversity-specific job boards in your WebSources manager, which will automatically search and find you relevant resumes.
- When building up specific pipelines, tap into Avature AI-powered recommendations to link candidates based on how close their profile matches the specific job’s requirements.
- Avature’s approach to AI is white-box, meaning that recruiters have full visibility into how it operates and even though suggestions are provided, recruiters still have complete power to disregard or accept the recommendation.
Your Guide to Adopting a Skills-Based Approach
Build your talent programs around skills and reap the benefits from adopting a skills-based approach to talent with our Skills Playbook.
Transforming Candidate Search with Scalable Recruiting AI
From assistance in boolean searches to matching candidates to job requisitions, our new AI-powered features will bring agility to every recruiters’ day.
Care and Empathy in the Future of Work: A New Scenario
Rebuilding your talent strategy around care and empathy might seem quite challenging. But worry not, as Yoda would say. Find the main aspects you should consider in this review of our last webinar about the future of care.
How Avature Enables Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Avature has been helping organizations integrate equality and representation into their strategies for talent acquisition and talent management.
Industry Leaders in Action
Discover how some of the world’s leading companies use Avature to tackle diversity and inclusion challenges head-on, from diverse talent pools up.
Nike launched an Avature-powered microsite to promote their diversity and inclusion values and beliefs. With resources for specific minority groups, this helps fill their talent pipelines with diverse candidates.
Dell created a diversity landing page and shared a custom URL on social media sites inviting individuals to sign up. As their pipeline grew within Avature they could track success and ROI of their social media campaigns.
With the help of Avature, ABB identified and tracked talent pool demographics before deciding which ones they wished to target and which strategies they deemed more effective to do so.